Saturday, September 19, 2009

MONSTERS OF FOLK


For those of you who don't know, one of the greatest musical collaborations in the past decade will be putting out their debut album on Tuesday, September 22. Monsters of Folk is a timeless quartet made up of Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis of Bright Eyes, M. Ward, and Yim Yames of My Morning Jacket. The four first played together five years ago, and this album has been a work/thought in progress ever since as the musicians each continued to make music with their other bands. The album is available for stream on their MySpace right now (I know I have already listened to the whole album about ten times) but anyone who enjoys some great new music should go out and support these guys on Tuesday. I will be providing a nice review of it next week after I make the purchase.

1 comment:

  1. wow. I just listened to the 3 songs streaming on their website and it sounds incredible. Just ordered it.

    ReplyDelete